Every donation makes an impact for our community!
The San Jose Police Foundation is excited to participate this year in #GivingTuesday! Your donation will make a difference in the lives of San Jose Police Officers, their Families, and our Community.
ALL donations go directly to assist the San Jose Police Department.
Our GOAL for #GivingTuesday2023 is $50,000.
This will launch us for a successful year in 2024, and here is why!
The San Jose Police Foundation is committed to essential programs for the San Jose Police Department. Your donation gifts will directly impact one of these of your choosing:
(1) History of Policing: This class is taught during each academy as new recruits train to become San Jose Police Officers. It aims to make San Jose Police Officers better educated and more deeply connected with the people they serve.
$6,000 per Academy Class
(2) Scholarships: The Foundation provides scholarships to the children of sworn and non-sworn members of the San Jose Police Department. These scholarships help to ensure that they can pursue a higher education to achieve their dreams.
$5,000 per student
(3) K9 UNIT: The Foundation assists SJPD's K9 Unit to help keep our community safe. K9's are an asset to the police department and our community. They can keep officers safe and assist with searches.
$10,000 per Canine
(4) Major Awards Ceremony: The Foundation funds the annual Major Awards Ceremony, This heartwarming event honors outstanding members of the San Jose Police Department and community members. Many inspiring stories are told of their bravery, heroism and personal generosity.
$150,000 Event Budget
(5) On-Demand (General Funds for SJPD): During the year, the Police Department may have urgent needs outside the department's or city's annual budget. The San Jose Police Foundation assists with these needs. Some examples are:
Ranges from $1,000 to $25,000 per ask
- Specialized Training
- Advanced Service Equipment
- Meals for Officers on Holidays
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of police officers and their families and help keep our community safe.